Stornoway is a market leader in civil infrastructure services including road maintenance, water treatment and asset management services.
We undertake road maintenance and civil works under a long-term contracts in the North East of Tasmania and have two Fulltime permanent opportunities based at our Western Junction depot.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, team orientated, have a strong work ethic and will undertake activities in a safe manner, in accordance with activity procedures and SWMS, such as:
· Vegetation control\pavement maintenance
· Patrol works
· Mowing and weed spraying
· Roadside maintenance including pothole repair, etc.
· Traffic control
· Asphalt works
· Excavation works
· Concrete finishing and Form work
Required Qualifications and Skills are:
· Current Valid Medium Rigid Licence as a minimum
· White Card
· Traffic Management Ticket
· Competent with Smart phones, tablets and Information systems
Desirable Qualifications and Skills are:
· Ticket to operate machinery such as; Backhoe, Skid-steer, Excavator
· Operate & Maintain Chainsaw
· Chemical Spraying
· First Aid & CPR
Previous experience in road Maintenance would be advantageous
Preferred candidates' values will be aligned to ours - working together, looking after our customers, staying safe, being honest, being creative and enjoying ourselves at work.
The successful candidate must have the ability to complete a pre employment medical.
If this sounds like your next career send your resume and cover letter telling us why you are the right person for our role to: firstname.lastname@example.org