Stornoway have been part of the Tasmanian community since 1976. We are an infrastructure services leader, who work together –within our business and with our customers.
Preferred candidates' values will be aligned to ours - staying safe, working together, looking after our customers, being honest, being creative and enjoying ourselves at work.
We are looking for a Civil Works Coordinator to join our Road Maintenance team based at our Brighton Depot and will be required to perform a variety of road construction and maintenance work all over the Derwent Valley, South West and Central Highlands of Tasmania.
This role has accountability for:
· Day to day supervision of work teams to deliver base service activities to safety and quality standards and within
response times to deliver on contract key performance indicators
· Conduct and Supervise road maintenance, construction and traffic management activities
· Immediate reporting of any incident, accident or near miss in accordance with systems and procedures
· Rapid response to emergency events including incidents and accidents, snow and ice, adverse weather events and asset damage
· Input into the continuous improvement of Stornoway systems, processes, procedures, including Activity Procedures and SWMS’s
To be successful in this role, you will:
· Have proven leadership & Supervision of work teams
· Experience in undertaking road maintenance and emergency management activities
· Effectively apply risk management practices to field activities, projects and planned works
· Work together with our customer to ensure expectations are understood and delivered
· Have a moderate to high standard of computer and systems literacy
· At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the civil or infrastructure maintenance sector
· Current Unrestricted Heavy Rigid Licence
· Front End Loader/Water Cart/ Excavator/Grader/Skid Steer
If you are looking for a role where you can make a difference, in a company that is already making a difference? this is your next long-term challenge.
Your application to us should address the points above, demonstrating why you are the right fit for this key role in our operations team. Send your application to email@example.com