When you join Stornoway, you become part of a team that works together and shares common values. We believe in mutual respect, honesty, connection, and recognising the contribution and effort of our staff. And while we're all human, we expect everyone to commit to being their best everyday.
As a values-driven business, we're committed to:
- Employing the right people in the right roles
- Ensuring our people understand their roles and how they contribute to Stornoway as a whole
- Ensuring our people have the skills and resources to fulfil their roles
- Respecting the importance of everyone's role in achieving our goals
- Leading by example and demonstrating the behaviours we expect of others
- Having sound employee relations practices which promote our values
- Frequently acknowledging the good work of our people
- Recognising and rewarding our people
- Fostering individual development through succession, training and development plans
- Promoting teamwork within and across our businesses
- Keeping everyone informed about where we're heading
- Continually developing our leadership skills
- Encouraging all our people to help shape the future of Stornoway.