We have the means and safety equipment to perform work that involves difficult access and egress within confined space classified areas.
Our services ultimately translate into safer and more time and cost effective access solutions.
Our Asset Services team has decades of experience in asset management and maintenance, project management and delivery, with a focus on the application of new technology and innovative work practices.
We have a statewide presence in all areas of Tasmania, including the South, West and East Coast and far North East regions.
Stornoway’s considerable years of experience is supported by;
· triple certification for safety, quality and environment
· highly skilled and experienced teams strategically located across Tasmania
· established panel of registered providers who meet safety, quality & environmental standards.
Our works capability includes;
· small road and civil projects
· bulk earthworks
· reinforced earth structures
· drainage and pipe installations
· landscape establishment
· concreting works
Stornoway specialises in the management, planning and execution of specialist access - rope and confined spaces.
Projects in these confined or difficult to access areas can be costly and time-consuming, often relying on the erection of scaffolding or the installation of temporary fall protection structures. Not only do these approaches increase timelines and expenditure but they also present their own inherent safety issues surrounding manual handling and exposing installers to the hazards they are trying to control.
Stornoway has a team of highly skilled, experienced engineers and trade-based technicians, trained in the field of rope access (levels 1-3 IRATA qualified) and confined space (including breathing apparatus and working in explosive environments).
- rope access structure inspection (steel, concrete bridges, dams, tanks/vessels)
- corrosion and protective coatings treatment
- welding and fabrication (can perform special category welds as per AS1554.1)
- vegetation management
- rock fall protection
- temporary height safety system
- confined space access and works within confined spaces
- lowering and extraction of personnel
- standby rescue
- consultation on access and rescue methods